Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 6: MTC

1. Rice! I love rice. 





















2. Found this note in my bag the other day. I passed it on. :)




























3. Easter Day. Therefore, we decorated our cookiesss!!
4. Here is my cookie. It's me. Haha.























1. Old Pic. Pic with zone leaders.





















2. Chooochoooo... we going to temple square





















3. MASSIVE TEMPLE!





















4. Mormon Tabernacle.. AKA General Conference Place Thingy.  I'm SO EXCITED TO WATCH GC this week! :)




















5. New Screen Saver for our phone



Sawadee krap! pen yang rai banj?
I want to learn the Thai characters on the keyboard, but really.. I think it'll take a while for me to get used to it before I can actually say what I want to say. :)

There's less that 3 weeks left!!!!!

Ma, Uncle PJ, Aunty Nuj...
You guys can send me emails with Thai Script. I believe the one thing that really helped me understand Thai Script is just reading it constantly. Lately I have been reading out of the Book of Mormon, and although it may take 5 minutes to read a verse (not including the amount of time searching up the definition of the words), I am beginning to understand Thai so much easier. It also helps me with understanding the sentence grammar and I think that's one thing I really need to work on. So, yeah. Feel free to send me Thai emails!:)

Uncle, Aunty... I hope you guys take the opportunity to visit the church whenever you can. :) Just to feel the uplifting spirit. :)

As for my travel flight, I haven't received it yet. I haven't even got my visa back. I'm assuming that they give it back to us on the day we leave the MTC, probably just to avoid the issue of "lost passports"... Haha. When I arrive in Thailand, I'll be sure to smile and say ALOOOOHAAA and my sawadee greetings! :)

Dad- I haven't ran into any of your friends. Probably because I just eat and leave. Haha. Would you tell me their names? That way I can be on the lookout for them. :) Or I can just ask for them. Haha.

This Easter was quite a journey! At least for me and my companion. Whew. "STORYYY TIME!" 
This past Saturday, one of our new missionaries was sick. My companion and I did not know until later at night... at 10:15pm. His companion requested assistance for a blessing, so helped out. We had the opportunity to give him a blessing and afterwards take him to the hospital. We left the MTC at 10:30pm. When we arrived at the Hospital, there were many people! I knew that we were in for a long night. While we waited and pondered on the thoughts of Easter/Resurrection/Atonement of Jesus Christ, I noticed a deaf couple sitting nearby the information desk. ASL opportunity! I was prompted to talk with them. The longer I waited, the stronger the prompting became. My companion as well as the new missionaries constantly motivated me to not miss this opportunity. My companion and I went ahead and addressed the couple. I was able to learn about them. From how they met, then how they got married. I also asked about the husband's condition with his back pain. It was bad, I felt horrible as he lets out a small scream in regards to his back pain. I eventually got to ask them about the Church. They're members but not active members. Right then, I asked them if I could share a message with them. They said yes.

"I know that Christ is Real. I know that Christ loves you (two). I know that through Christ, we will receive a perfect body. I know that through Christ, all of our pains will be taken away. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." They expressed their gratitude for the testimony. I then asked them if they needed help, to just let me know. :) 
On wards to the journey... Elder Sele (the sick one) had a x-ray, was given medicine.(This whole process took a long time) Then we were able to go back to the MTC... we arrived at the MTC at4am on Sunday. Hahha. I was TIRED!!! Too bad I didn't bring a camera along. Hahah. Pics would have been awesome.

That following day, we had the opportunity to listen to Brother Ballard. He's awesome. I'm not going to lie, I dosed off quite a bit. But I did not forget his testimony. It had a profound impact on me, knowing that he IS a witness of Christ. It made me think, am I a witness of Christ?... Yuppp.:) But of course, phom yaag phadthanaa sadthaa khoong phom ( I want to increase my faith)... How?!? How can I increase my faith?... I found Alma 32:28-30.. it compares the Word of God to a maleed(seed). It is a good seed. As I study the Word of God, my faith will increase. :) Phom ca sigsaa prakampii thugwan! (I will study the scriptures everydayyyyyyyyy!) I hope you guys will do so as well. :)

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to teach via Skype! Whooo! We taught a non-member. We tried teaching. But it was so hard! She didn't have a book of Mormon on hand, and had slow internet on her phone. Lol. As for communicating in Thai, I heard her loud and clear but could only understand 1/5 of what she was saying. Haha. She just kept laughing. She was kind enough to be patience. She's a very joyous person. :) Although we did not teach much, she did commit to read the Book of Mormon and pray. Yeeheee. I'm excited for THAILAND! 

I think I have a new favorite scripture. Don't worry dad, you don't need to change my quote for my plaque(<---I hope I spelled it right). PROMISED BLESSINGS: Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."... HAPPINESS!!!!! :):):):):):).. I have developed such great love for this Gospel. I love our Exemplar, Redeemer, our Lord. Through Him, I can do all things. I am honored to be His disciple.

Pictures included-
1. Elder Grant and Elder Van Gils left on Monday (yesterday) to Singapore. I'll miss them! We'll definitely meet up again someday. 



2. PUKANA! :P



3. District's last cinnamon roll before Sister Davis, Elder Grant, and Elder Van Gils leaves.






















4. Ohhh yeahhh... It'll be our album cover. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment