Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Week 5: MTC

First.. I want to share a funny experience.

Being a Zone leader, we are given a phone. And with handling a phone, comes responsibilities!
It was this past Wednesday, when my companion and I were just finishing up on our personal study. Just as we finished, we felt the urge to use the bathroom. Yeah, the food here does that to us. No good, no goooooodd! Anyways, we proceeded to use the bathroom and then as we were chatting between stalls, an familiar tune started to play. The phone was ringing! and we were excited to answer it!! But we had forget that we were both still doing business. Hahaha. The person on the phone requested for an elder from our Zone, and requested us to give him the phone so that she could talk to him. "uhhhhhh, could I call you back maybe?" - Elder Hunt. I think the echoing from the bathroom gave her the *hint* that we weren't able to go at the moment. Hahah.

I am doing well. Thank you for the wonderful package. I have extra ear picks/nail clipper/ and hearing aid stuff. I also got a package from Jeff and Jay Marler! I'll send a pick! :)

Mum, I thank all those that ask about me. I hope you guys also check up on them and find out how you guys can help them (You probably already do that... hahhaha). But yeah. :) Express my love to K1 and everyone else please, I have been blessed to be under the influence of the love that has been shown in our church. As well as President Hafoka. I can't expound on how blessed I have been to have him support me throughout my schooling and in church. He's has been a great example.

Hi Aunty Nuj and Uncle PJ, I'm looking forward to coming to Thailand! I really do hope for the opportunity to stop by and say hi to you guys! :) I love you guys.

So, I bought some popcorn... and it came with a RedBox code. :) I hope you either of you guys can use it and enjoy a family night movie. It's GN4MXD22.

4 things that I have learned this past week.

1. As I grew fear of the language being my barrier to teach, I came to realize that the spirit's presence was slowly driven away. It has been one of the worst feelings ever. The stress made it become such a headache for me. I did not realize that this fear of the learning the language was causing me not to have the spirit, and I did not know what to do.
Then I read D&C 11:21,22. "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto convincing of men..." Believe it or not, my teacher came into class the next day and taught us that the language isn't the barrier. We discovered this by first, teaching in English, then Thai. As long as we focus on the investigator, and show the love of Christ through us.. that's all that matters. I have been doing a much better job at personal study. I LOVE READING THE BOM! I really can't start the day without reading a chapter or two. It always gives me spiritual thoughts that really makes my day flows so much better. I challenge you guys to read at least a chapter every morning! And ponder on how it can help you be more Christlike for the day. :)

2. The temple is awesome. I was able to watch the Provo City Center Temple Dedication. It was amazing!!!!! The temple is the House of the Lord, it is the place of learning, and believe it or not... I learn something new every time I go there! It's the one place where the spirit always dwells. I hope khobkhura khoong phom are going to the temple whenever they can! :) 

3. Pray sincerely. There has been several times where I just say a prayer to "get over it..
." But when we pray sincerely and with real intent, it makes a HUGE difference. I love the fact when you really think of the things that you are thankful for, you'll be amazed with how much there are to be thankful for! In 2 Nephi 32:9.. Pray always! :) Moroni 7:6,9... Pray with real intent or else it profit him nothing!

4. Elder Lovelock can actually sing. He has that crazy voice range!! But when you look at him while he sings.. it's crack up!!!! It's the "constipated" face. Hahha.

I testify to you that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And with the atonement of Christ being the center of all of it, I am so blessed to know that I can continually progress and become who God wants me to be. I am so thankful for love of our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ has for us. I say these things humbly in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Take care! :)
I'll talk to you guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment