Sunday, December 17, 2017

Thailand Week 95: Khon Kaen (ขอนแก่น)

Merry Christmas!

Here's what happened this past week... Monday, we got Elder Rand's phone!

Tuesday, we found new investigators. One of them was Brother Oat. He's 27 years old, working as a security guard nearby the bus station. He's always smiling. When we met up with him, we noticed that he was working and wasn't really able to sit down and talk... but we gave a lesson on prayer and testified how it will help him. He said he'll pray and was more than happy to meet up with us, again... with a big smile on his face. :) We also met with Brother Buntan. He is more than 60 years old, and he's a construction worker. He's amazing. We talked a bit about baptism. He said he'll get baptized, but is a bit worried how to help his family whom is also Christian. He's also a bit confused on what to do when he goes back home where there's no nearby Mormon churches. We'll keep doing our part to help him. I know that the Lord will provide a way for him and his family to learn of the gospel and come into the church. :)

Wednesday... We went to Bangkok to do Elder Rand's work permits papers. Funny story, we went down on that morning. And waited until 8am before we called Sister Beth asking, "We are here in Bangkok. Are you almost here?"... She was really confused. "What? We were supposed to meet on Friday, not Wednesday"... Apparently, I must have misheard Friday (Phut) for Wednesday (Sugk)... Hahahahhaha. She was very nice enough to come down and help us get the papers done on Wednesday and not have us come back on Friday. Sister Beth is really cool. She served her mission in Australia and has an awesome conversion story. The Lord has really blessed her and her family.

Thursday... We had lots of meetings. It was really good. :) In Khon Kaen, we are focused on having a better sacrament program... So we felt that it would be great to start making and using sacrament programs! It should be in effect right after new years. :)  I believe we'll be the first branch/ward to have them! Yay!

Friday... Interviews with President. It was really good. :) We also had white elephant. I got 40 mini bags of lays chips. Hahahahha. It was so good. We also played tons of games. It was so much fun. I love Christmas.

Saturday... We watched "The Best Two Years"... IT WAS SO GOOD. I loved it. We also had a very spiritual training given by the President and Sister Johnson. It was amazing. To summarize it, I know that Jesus is the Christ.

Sunday.. Elder Kanekhan came to Khon Kaen! It was amazing! We had lots of meetings and Khon Kaen's future is looking more hopeful. He talked a lot about families, and he assigned us missionaries to work with certain families more... to help them become united with love and peace. Throughout the day of visiting several less actives families and helping them prepare for the temple... It really reminded me of the joy that I had being in a home built upon the teachings of the Lord. Elder Kanekhan really has high expectations for us missionaries, and I know that the Lord will help and bless us as  we do our best to help these families... :)

I am excited for Christmas. It's another Christmas season not being able to be home with my family... but I feel that my love for my family, the Lord, and everyone around me has grown immensely. The Lord is so merciful.

I love the Lord so very much. Simply, because He loved us first. :)

I love you all! Have a Merry Christmas!

- Elder Santeco

This Dog is so cute. :D


We did yard work for Sister Flash and Sister Shrimp. It was fun. :) Afterwards, we have a very good lesson. Although they did not verbally say it, I felt that after the lesson, they had a greater hope for the future. :)

Elder Rand and his weapon of choice.

The Sisters and members.

This dog didn't like me. :)

Me admiring the doggy.


Our trip to Udon for interviews and Zone Conference.



While traveling to Udon. I lost my keys... Including the key for my bike lock. So I had to break/cut the lock. I used an axe and machete. It turned out great :)


Merry Christmas from the Khon Kaen District!


My face.... :D Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment