Sunday, December 24, 2017

Thailand Week 96: Khon Kaen (ขอนแก่น)

Doing service
Merry Christmas!!

Since last week, it's been really cold... around 12-14 Celsius all throughout the day. Biking around was a cool experience. Everyone was wearing thick jackets/coats and mitts. I even saw several people wear oven mitts as they road their motorcycles. Haha. But during the last couple days it returned back to it's hot weather, thinking, "Ope! That's it for the cold days." 

I woke up this morning with Thailand back to it's chilly mornings. I love it.

Note: Our house does not have water heaters. Heheh. It's been a party taking showers in the morning. Loving it!

"It's Christmas!" While serving within the Khon Kaen branch, I was able to work with a lot of families. While doing so, I was constantly reminded that Christmas Seasons has always been special to me simply because of my family. The smiles, laughs, tears shared among our loves one are precious moments. Moments where we can learn and grow in atmosphere of peace and love. Moments that I will forever hold dear to my heart. Family is central to everlasting joy. As a missionary, it brings me into greater awe knowing that this joy is especially possible as we learn and apply His Gospel and Atonement. I love families.


Service Shoes


Quick Summary of what happened. :)
Tuesday. We served our Branch President by painting his gate.
Wednesday: We found Brother บุญทัน. He is now a dater. :) Along the way, we found a potential family. Brother Poo did his family history!
Thursday: We met with Brother อู๋. We went back to the potential family that we found the previous day and taught them the Plan of Salvation! They loved it! We swung by Sister โอ๋. We had meetings.
Friday: We served Sister บ๊อบ by moving sofas around a hotel. Prepared for the Christmas Party's BBQ. Went back and taught Brother บุญทัน with our Branch President, President อ้น. Brother บุญทัน loves his family, and we were able see the tender mercies of the Lord seeing that he has the right desires.
Saturday: SERVICE! We went and serve Brother ประสิทธิ์. When we first went there, he wanted us to eat first... So we spend a good amount of time learning how to cook the fish from his pond. It was a neat experience. After that, we got down and worked in his garden. After a couple hours, I got pretty tired. I was struggling to keep swinging the machete. But in my eyesight, I saw Brother ประสิทธิ์ and Brother ทองสุข still working and giving it their all. Both 60+ old men, working hard with ease. They are both strong men. Reminds me of you daddy. :)
Service Shoes
That night, we had a wonderful Christmas party. A lot of members, and non-members came. There was a lot of scrambling around to get things done and set up. But it turned out great. :)
Sunday: We had a wonderful primary sacrament program. I loved it. We later went caroling in the evening. It was great to see smiles.

Cool experiences during caroling: When we showed up to Brother Chai and Sister Youri's house, Brother gangfu(กังฟู) ran up to the door and started shouting "Yay! Hooray!" then started singing to us! But he wasn't singing a Christmas song, he was singing the Happy Birthday Song. Hahahaha.

We also got to sing at our Elder President's House, Brother ออฟ and Sister นุ๋ดี. Their child, Brother IQ (ไอคิว) was just about to sleep, but as we sang softly, Sister นุ๋ดี carried him and walked outside. The family was smiling and filled with happiness as the Christmas Spirit filled the air. Upon finishing with the Christmas song, they asked us to take a picture together. Out of great love for all of us, Sister นุ๋ดี kept asking to retake a picture because some of us weren't in it. It was a great eye opener to see how Sister นุ๋ดี was filled with charity and love, which is preparing her to one day join the church. I pray that their family will one day be sealed together. :) Sister นุ๋ดี and Brother ออฟ loves how their young infant, Brother ไอคิว always look at me, laughs and smiles. I think I have a pretty funny face. :) Hahaha.

I love the Christmas season. :)


Personal Studies:
I was able to study a lot in the story of Job. I was greatly impressed at Job's faith regardless of what happened in his life. Job was a man of great faith. He was a wealthy man. He had a family, land, animals. You can probably say that he had it all. What if he lost it all?

Well, he did. Job’s property and children were destroyed. He was heavily sick. And was cast out by his friends.

But, it was after the great faith and endurance, that the Lord blessed him with twice as more as he had before.

I know that no matter what adversities we may face in life, it's important to know that this life is short compared to eternity. And that if we can withstand our trials and remain faithful, we will be blessed throughout all eternity. I know that God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts. He knows more than we do and knows how to mold us. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior. I know that God has blessings in store for all of us. I love His church. I love His Gospel. I love God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 


I love you all! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! :)

- Elder Santeco

We went to a beautiful flower park for last week's P-day.

After Correlation Meeting

District Picture (and Sister Windy) at the Park.

Brother ทองสุข



Our Lunch. YUM.

It's a beautiful day.

Brother Puu and His Family History Chart!

Christmas Party





MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYEEEEEEE!!! :)

Ohhh. One of the best Christmas Presents was when แม่กบ from Korat, called me and had me talk to Brother แบงค์. He opened his mission call and is called to serve in the Thailand Bangkok Mission! :) He'll be heading out to the mission field in April next year. :D :D :D

Oh! Last picture! :) With Brother ออฟ, Sister นุ๋ดี and ไอคิว. :) Also in the picture is President อ้น, his wife, Sister แตงโม. Sister นก and her niece sister แน็ท. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment