Sunday, September 25, 2016

Thailand Week 31: Bangkok

God is good

Made a lovely breakfast this morning. :)
This past week has been very stressful. It's not the language, but it's the work itself! Whew! 😰

So I fixed บ.ปรีชา's lighting! But I forgot to take pictures. Here in Thailand, electrical wiring hardly ever run between the walls... so that made it so much easier. We then shared a short message and left him with a big smile on his face.  That joy of helping others be happy. It's irreplaceable.

Hey. So it's really interesting being with american/non-Asian elders. All the Thai peeps here would either think that I am a foreigner just as these elders or that I am their personal translator. Haha. Yeah, me as a translator... 😏 Hehe. It would be awesome to be one though! I need to take my language up to another level!

Last P-day, we had to go to the hospital to give a member's mom a blessing. When we got there, the front desk instructed us to go to the 8th floor (We walked the staircase because Elder Christiansen is scared of elevators. Workout!) As soon as we got to the floor, a bunch of workers tried to give us directions with her awesome broken English. After a while, Elder Christiansen said, "พูดไทยได้ครับ". Jaws dropped, eyes were wide open. All the workers were first in shock but then couldn't stop laughing. We laughed with them. Hahah.😂 They then gave directions in Thai and we proceeded to give a blessing. :)

There were other things.... but I'll share them when I come home. Haha. Today I'm going to cut suits! I'm getting two sets for about 4000 baht. Whooo!!! LOVE IT!!!! 😍

2 Nephi 32: 5

"5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show‍ unto you all things what ye should do."

It's somethings hard to decide what we should do in our daily lives. Thankfully we have the Holy Ghost. I know that He will always guide us through the still small voice as long as we are worthy of it's presence. 

God loves YOU!

- Elder Santacooooooooo

PS... Again. Thanks family for all the food. I LOVE EVERYTHING!... Thanks Sis Teriipaia!

Elder Hixson is a Seahawk fan. Hahah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment