Sunday, September 11, 2016

Thailand Week 29: Bangkok

Just keep swimming!


สวัสดีครับ!!  สบายดีนะครับผม :)
To summarize the entire week... I would like to share a quote that I saw basically everyday of my life. Only because it was hanging up on the refrigerator door and I had a habit of just opening the fridge hoping that food would miraculously appear.


It said...
"I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it."

Being a missionary is seriously hard. The feeling of having appointments falling through and being rejected by a billion people is pretty poopy. It doesn't feel good at all. Me no likey.

Then I read this! พอดี!!!
 “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven”

I just got to keep swimming! I am going to recommit myself to the Lord and continue giving it my all! This past week was definitely better than our first week in Thonburi. But I know that this week will be better! I'm so excited into seeing how this week turns out... I'm going to do miracles! :)

Cool story. I found a dusty folder of Former investigators hiding in one of the vacant rooms and started calling them up. Many weren't interested, but there was also many that were interested and wanted to meet with us Elders. We managed to meet with a bunch of them last week and were happy to see their desire to trust in the Lord to bring peace into their lives. :) We'll be meeting more of these precious souls this week. AND we'll definitely will be getting in contact with Uncle PJ again this week! Hahah! :) Hope Mei does well her singing tonight!!! :)

I love you guys. Everything that happens in my life builds my personal testimony that God really loves us. My family. The Gospel. This beautiful world. The Book of Mormon. My Savior Lord Jesus Christ. It's all proof that God really wants us to be happy. <4EvahBrah

- เอ้ลเดอร์ ซัน

- The most expensive deodorant that I have ever bought.

- Checking out a member's place. :) Beauuuuutttt!







3 confirmations and 2 baptisms yesterday! :) But they weren't our investigators. Haha. But it was such an honor that they requested me to baptize them. :) 😄😄😄


No comments:

Post a Comment