Sunday, May 15, 2016

Thailand Week 12: Korat

Ants! Ants! Ants in my pants!!!

Alohaaa to my beautiful Friends and Families!!!

Whew. P-days... It's perfect day to think back on my previous week and
then plan for what will I do better this week. It's also an awesome
day to just to take a moment and realize the blessings that I have
received. Realize that God is working through me. He is providing a
way for me to be a better missionary so that I can serve Him better.
:)

Mom, dad.... DON'T WORRY! I don't spend much time doing this "WHAT ARE
MY BLESSINGS?!?!" thing... When I'm not doing that... I'm doing the
Lord's work. :D

Hahaha. So dad, we have a Filipino member named Micheal here in Korat
and while having lunch with him, guess what he brought up? The NBA
Playoffs! Hahahha! I love those days when we rooted for San Antonio's
Spurs! Ahhhh, Leonard was such an awesome player. :) Please enjoy the
Playoffs with Jesse if time allows you guys to do so. :)

Okay. Let's talk about why I chose this "Ants! Ants! Ants in my pants!!!" title.

I had 2 events with ants this past week. Ever since then... I think
I'm actually scared of them. Hahah.

1. I usually shower at night. So after daily planning, I grabbed my
clothes/towel and headed to the shower. When I finished showering... I
grabbed my towel and began to dry myself. That's when the horror
started. "OUCH! OW! *SMACK* AHHHH!!!!!!!!" I have gotten 9 bites in a
period of 3 seconds. Had 2 bites on my buttocks. Hahaha. They've left
their marks of me. I actually still have these little red bumps from
them. But's slowly going away. :)

2. Last Saturday, we had the opportunity to do a service project at a
member's house. It was us two elders and two other members (Micheal
and Klang) that came to help out. We did not know what we going to do
until we actually got there. We just knew that we were going to clean
something. When we got there, it turned out that we were going to cut
down tree branches. Sounds easy right? We even had a tree cutter and
ladders. WRONG! There were ants EVERYWHEREEEEEEE!!!  BILLIONS! If not,
TRILLIONS! of ants! And they weren't like ordinary ants, they were
HUGE! I'm actually getting the creeps as I type this. Hahaha. So we
went ahead and start cutting them branches and it didn't turn out so
well. They just crawled everywhere, hence we actually screamed
"THERE'S ANTS IN MY PANTS!!!" and were jumping around frantically.
Haha. For the rest of the cutting we proceeded to cut the branches
from the roof.... because we did not want these ants falling all over
us. Regardless of us being on higher ground, we battled with them
ants! They traveled to us via the branch cutter... and they came in
hundreds! So I went ahead and grabbed a broom and swept the ants off
the branch cutter as Bother Micheal sawed through the branches. It
felt like I was in some sort of game! Hahahahahha! "DEFEND THE TREE
CUTTER!"... I think the worst moment was when we had to move the
branches to a pile on the other side of the house. Ironically, I had
the most protection (jeans and gloves yo)... so I was the only one
that was feeling "okay" to do it. Haha, I ran with these huge branches
like never before! Then had the help of three others people to remove
the ants that were on me. Meh, at the end of the day... I'm pretty
sure I have gotten bitten at least 200 times. At least these ants
didn't leave red bumps like the other ants. :) All in all, it feels
good to help out the members! Service is awesome!

We'll actually be returning to this member's house this week to cut
down more branches... she claims that this particular tree isn't
infested with ants... But I'll probably go ahead a buy a painter's
suit just to be safe. Hahaha.

This was from the House's balcony... Hahah. After this we proceeded to
the roof. :)


Yup. That's it. So my family at home, please please please don't leave
crumbs on the kitchen table/floor. I don't want another experience
like this. Haha.

Okay okay okay. Enough about ants.

This past week, I think I've been more frustrated with the language
than ever. I've gotten several headaches during lessons, meetings,
etc. It's a struggle. But today, being able to look back at my past
week... I have been able to recognize the small accomplishments. I
have been improving my ability to converse with others and ultimately
share the gospel with members, thuk thuk drivers, motorcycle drivers,
and others. I've been a better missionary by opening my mouth and
sharing the gospel. Ahhhh. I just need to remember to always have
faith in the Lord, for he has provided a way for me. :)

As for the miracles that I referred to last week's email.
Here's one...
Last Sunday, it was raining hard so we asked บ.โอ๋ give us a ride and
help us teach an investigator. So we took a ride in his awesome wagon,
it had air conditioning and everything. During our ride there, the car
broke down. It just wouldn't start. So Elder Reid and I jumped out of
the car and pushed the car to the curbside. Did I mention? It was
raining. There were puddles everywhere, so my shoes/socks/pants got
wet. Hahah. Popped the hood open, figured out the problem... and I
went ahead and started to fix it up. The issue was the the wires broke
out of it's wiring harness, and these wires were for the fuel pump.
Later on, บ.โอ๋ 's brother in law came by and finished it up by
reconnecting the ground wire. I couldn't do that myself because I
didn't have a 12mm socket wrench on hand. Hahahaha. Thank goodness
everything worked out, and we had a working car again. It was great to
be able to help out บ.โอ๋... :) We proceeded to our investigator's
house and had a wonderful lesson. :)

Dad, บ.โอ๋ is actually a ward clerk, and he does a printing service.
He's such a hard working, humble, and loving guy. Thanks dad for being
an example to me. :)

Okay. That's good enough for today.

Here's my favorite scripture of the day: Enos 1:27. I want to have
that same joy as Enos did. I know that I can do so by forever serving
Him and enduring to the end. I personally want to believe that my
Savior would extend His arm out to me and say... "Come unto me, ye
blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my
Father. Amen." :) I hope all of you guys have a similar desire. :)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!... Thank you for your support, your words, and love.
It has touched my heart and has increased my desire to become not just
a better missionary, but a better person.

Remember your Father in Heaven, and that He loves you! Remember your
Savior, be filled with His love. Remember that all of us aren't
perfect... but we definitely can improve as we constantly keep the
faith, repent, pray for help, study His words, and keep the
commandments.

:) FAMILIES TOGETHER <4 EVER! LALALALAHHV YOU GUYS!

- Elder Santeco


This is Cola. He's a friendly dog. He got promoted to represent The
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


This is my new kind of breakfast. One pack of noodles with an egg.
LOL. The furikake makes a huge difference.




















Artsy...?
















It poured heavily yesterday.. The video doesn't display it very well though.

No comments:

Post a Comment