Sunday, March 26, 2017

Transfer #9/Thailand Week 57: Bangnaa

Aloha!!!

I'm still here in Bangna with Elder Tun! Haha. Life is good.

Little follow up with Sister Jazz. We made the effort to visit her at her house this past week. It wasn't until we tried finding her place that we noticed that she actually lives pretty far. Anyways, when we got there, we actually got to meet her mom! Sister Boom (บู๋ม). She's the nicest woman ever! With the help of Sister Jazz, Sister Boom and Sister Kwan (ขวัญ), we were able to make some macaroni and french fries for dinner. It was a fabulous dinner. All the neighbor were stopping by interested in what's going on and just kept chatting with us. After the filling our tummies, we shared a simple message of who Heavenly Father is, our relationship to Him and how to communicate with Him. We then invited her to say a closing prayer. It was so cute! This is what she said... "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for these cute elders and sisters for coming today. Thank you for the delicious dinner that we had. Please bless them to have safety and happiness in their lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." :) It was so beautiful. You could definitely feel a sense of peace as soon as Sister Boom said the prayer. Elder Tun and I especially noticed it in Sister Jazz, just as all of her worries and fears fled from her. The next day, they brought so much happiness in my life as they decided to sacrifice their time to come to church... They stayed for all three hours. Ever since I came into Bangna, they are the first investigators that I have had that stayed for all three hours, plus lunch. 😂 The Bangna ward is amazing, the leaders here are amazing, the work is amazing. Oh... God is so merciful.

Miracles: There are so many. I'm doing all that I can to write them in my journal daily. :) Here are some. These miracles occur, whenever I willingly follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

1. Met a couple. Walked pasted them, felt horrible... turned back and started talking to them. They were so nice! They were Buddhist, and didn't want anything to do with Christianity. Apparently, many missionaries from other sects that has invited them consequently having them have absolutely no interest in what they or we had to say. But after just chatting a bit, we came to conclusion that we both have a great respect to those that apply their religions in their lives... and change to become better people, not by force... but by changing their nature. It wasn't long that we started talking about God and how who we are to Him, along with Jesus Christ and His Atonement. They later on gave us water, bid farewells, and invited us to stop by again.

2. Met a security guy. Again, walked pass him. Felt horrible. Turned back and talked to him. He immediately said, "When? I'll be there." Haha. He'll probably be going to church this next Sunday.

3. MANY MORE!

I don't know everything. I'm not the best at reciting scriptures. I can't pronounce ป and บ correctly, I'm not the best at Thai or the best teacher. I'm not perfect. But it brings me joy to know that as long as continue serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength, it will work out.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and am deeply impressed by the fact that the Church continues to grow, regardless of the attempt made by others to destroy the Church. It really does show that it's not the Church of Joseph Smith, let alone of mankind.It is the Church of God. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His Church. I know that Jesus is our Shepard, and rejoices when we bring people back into His fold. I am humbled to have this opportunity to help in His work. He loves us. It sometimes takes time to realize the evidence, but it's there. Life is good. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-Elder Santeco

#shoutout to sister Kwan... Pii Poo!!! WHOOHOO!😎

Fishing Trip the last transfer.

Our district last transfer... This transfer, Sister Strickland moved out and Sister Courchaine moved in. :)




















I got to feed a tiger again! :D :D :D But this time, it's just me... without Marvy. 😭'




Here's the text from President Johnson. :)

Cool story! In every area that I've served, there is always problems with the AC unit. There's always water leaking. We would pay about 200 baht per unit, and we had 2 units in our apartment. Not really having any house money, I decided to try fix it up myself. Took it apart and started to clean it up. Took out the drain hose, poured water, blew it through. Repeat a couple times... As of today, there is no leaking problems. Haha. I saved us 400 baht. Whoohoo!

And I still don't have a camera. And funny enough, Elder Tun lost his. D:

We'll go shopping for one today. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment