Sunday, April 2, 2017

Thailand Week 58: Bangnaa

Life is still Good.

This past week was so great. The Lord is so merciful to us. Elder Tun and I worked really hard, despite feeling a wee sad that we haven't gotten a baptism this previous transfer. We decided to use that as a motivation for us. But asides from not having baptism, we have definitely been able to seen the blessings the Lord that has given to us. We have gotten the chance to serve a member by digging out her baby banana trees, cutting down branches, and standing on top of a fence that is full of broken glass bottles (with the intention to reach the top of the trees). I've gotten the chance to meet up with many members this past week, express our testimonies and love for them and we began to help them with their missionary work. In result we got 4 new referrals in just one week. On Friday, I've went on a switch off with Elders in Lat Krabang, and had a wonderful day with Elder Hunt. That day, we've gotten 6 new investigators, was able to put on a sock for a young man who recently got into an accident, studied in a public library and noticed people nearby looking up, "Why are there missionaries in Thailand?" on the public computers, had a couple people came up to us and said..."I want to learn about Jesus, can you teach me... like right now?", got a beautiful necktie from an LA, and was able to play ping pong for a good 15 minutes with the Lat Krabang ward before we left to continue proselyting. On Saturday, we met a woman that practically lived right by our English Class room that was totally interested in learning about the Gospel. Sadly, our phone didn't save her contact... but she called us that Sunday morning, asking where we were. We failed to take her and her kids to church and wasn't able to do so in a timely manner. But we were able to meet with her after church and teach her and her children about prayer. It was a beautiful lesson. Her name is Ma Lae. She's from Burmese, but is married to Khon Thai here in Thailand with her 2 lovely kids. :) Sunday was amazing. <3 

I've been studying a lot about how I could be a better District Leader and a companion to Elder Tun. To summarize what I've learned over the past week, I will share this quote... "The Greatest Leaders are the greatest Followers" -Stephen W. Owen. I need to keep on looking towards my Savior Jesus Christ, and trust in Him rather than trying to do the work by myself. I've been selfish, and been to harsh on others when they don't do it as I expected. I've have humbled myself, as I viewed our relationship with our Savior. He's perfect, yet He still continues to love all of us even through times we may sometimes fail to keep the commandments. He performed the Atonement for us so that we can repent and realign ourselves with His Will. The Repentance process is such a spiritual moment. The moment where peace, joy, and warmth enters into my life. I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Redeemer and Savior, our only way to meet our Heavenly Father's expectations. I know that this Gospel has been restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith. Through him, the Priesthood Authority is once again on earth. I know that Joseph Smith received the calling to translate the Book of Mormon, and was able to do so only though the power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is the Word of God. I know that this Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the church of God. I know where I came from, why I am where, and where I am going. That being said, I know that God will continue to mold me as I put my faith in Him and trust in Him. With all my heart, I testify that He loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love life. It's amazing. :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I'll catch you all after my water war with my Thai family! Haha.

- Elder Santeco

No pictures today. I have no time left. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment