Sunday, February 19, 2017

Thailand Week 52: Bangnaa

Bangnaa!

I love Bangnaa. Just as everywhere else, the Bangnaa ward is amazing.

LOVE.
I have learned a lot this past year about the importance of showing our love to others around us. I have grown up in a family that focused on love, but other than my family, I did not really do much for others. I love the Gospel. The gospel helped me realize that as we focus on our Lord, Jesus Christ, we will become more like him. Through sincere repentance and forgiveness, the Atonement of Jesus Christ allows us to create a new fresh view of ourselves, God and the world. This gospel doesn't teach us to change our behavior/thoughts/actions, but our nature. We BECOME like Him. Ever since I have been reaching out more to the people of our faith, I have been more blessed with the knowledge that we all are as one. We come realize that we have the same goal. We become more efficient in being disciples of the Lord.

Christlike Characteristic for the transfer...  We learn that we must "Trust" in the Lord in all we do. Well, I want to be that person that everyone can "Trust" in just as we trust in the Lord. ðŸ˜„
HEHE. I love inviting.

Scripture for the week: 
Alma 18:10
"10 Now when king Lamoni heard that Ammon was preparing his horses and his chariots he was more astonished, because of the faithfulness of Ammon, saying: Surely there has not been any servant among all my servants that has been so faithful as this man; for even he doth remember all my commandments to execute them."

King Lamoni wasn't converted to the Gospel just because Ammon was a good servent, but because of the faithfulness of Ammon. What am I going to do to show my faithfulness to my Bishop, Mission President, investigators, family, the members, to God? To everyone? After I read this... I had this new desire to be even better. I want the best that I can be, not just for myself, but for others.


This past week, I also randomly decided to look read through my Journal. I found my notes from the "Character of Christ" by David A. Bednar. He shared a convert's experience ... I did not become a convert of the church because I understood the doctrines, it was really confusing! But because of the Christlike Attributes that the missionary displayed... I love this Church. I know that God lives. I know that as we turn our hearts to Him, He will guide us as well as mold us into becoming more like our Dear Father in Heaven. I love this work. There's nothing better than sharing the peace, joy that I have received from the Gospel with other people. It's precious! Although I may only have one year left, I will forever be a disciple of the Lord. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I LOVE YOU ALL! ðŸ˜™

- Elder Santeco

These are the Elders.

These are the Sisters.

I'm not that good at selfies.


Elder Tun isn't that good as well.

This is Brother Gaaluu. He's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment