Sunday, August 14, 2016

Thailand Week 25: Korat

Losing myself in the Lord's work

This past week has been a blast! We have been working our butts off and miracles just keeps occurring!

I realize that my potential to be better should not change because I currently don't have functioning hearing hearing aids. I can still do the Lord's work! It may have gotten harder, but it doesn't change the fact that I am still able to bring others to come unto Christ. :) It's fun.

Remember that family that I had an accident with? I finally met with them! They are awesome. :)

At the end of the road, is a small house... In this house is a wonderful family. There's a grandmother, father, mother, 2 sons (7 and 14 years old) and a grandson(10 months). In our first lesson with them, we've introduced God and committed them to try pray. We could tell that ซ. เอ๋ and her family wanted to try out this "praying" thing. :) I was excited for them.
When we visited them for their second lesson, the mother, ซ.เอ๋ welcomed us in... :) As we began to began our lesson, ซ.เอ๋ requested her son to say the opening prayer. IT WAS AN AMAZING PRAYER! :) He spoke freely from his heart. They obviously have been praying. :D We then did the Restoration with them and introduced the Book of Mormon. Afterwards, we read the introduction together... As we began to read the Book of Mormon together, I saw the best thing ever. The grandma holding her grandson, sitting on a nearby bench, ซ.เอ๋ 's 7 years old son sitting on her lap, both holding the Book of Mormon, and the 14 years old son exploring and reading ahead in the Book of Mormon. This is the family. I want this family to be together forever. Today, we'll be teaching the Plan of Salvation to them. I'm sooooo excited!!!

I love this gospel. The more I learn about it, the more I keep telling myself... "This person needs the gospel..." It's amazing. I'm anxious to see how the Lord continues to shape me and those around me. :)

Mosiah 16:6-9

" 6 And now if Christ had not come into the world,speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.
 7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
 8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

Ahh. Jesus Christ.. :) Because of Him, we'll be resurrected. Because of Him, we can repent of our sins and prepare ourselves to enter the kingdom of God. Because of Him, we are able to have eternal families and everlasting happiness. Because of Him, I am HAPPY :)

Love you all! :) I miss you guys! Enjoy the beef stew for me!! Haha

- Elder Santeco
That day I entered the Hospital :)



Elder Gardner and his pro selfie skills... Brother แบงค์ and Sister แอน! 














This is another family that we are teaching... :) THEY ARE AWESOME! Huge amount of faith and willingness. They leave their house at 4:30 am just to come to church at 9 am. :) Cute kid.



This venomous snake came into our english class last week. Haha. Brother ต้อง is a beast. :)


One of our members did not like the intense heat, so he improvised this! YEAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment