Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thailand Week 24: Korat

Biking is FUN
This pass week was filled with lots and LOTS of biking.


Last P-Day, we went to the Zoo and road a two-seat bike (Tandem?) around the park. It took a while to get used
to, but once we knew how to pedal and steer... we were flying around the park like bosses. It was a fun day. :)
















Then we had multiple days where we biked over 30 kilos just to visit members and recent converts. It's tiring... but it's fun! I love biking. :) I think that I may need to buy a good bike when I come back home. Hehe.

Hehe. One of these bike trips, I got into another bike accident. I flew over my handle bars and became one of those famous "flying missionaries". It was weird, the accident was playing in my mind very slow... yet it happened quick. While "flying" I told myself that I should do a tumble to break my fall, but I didn't. Tell Brother Pere that I'm sorry. I didn't apply the basic tumble this past week. Haha. I fell on my shoulder, stood up, dusted myself off and continued to bike home. My arm was still able to move around, so I thought I was okay. It wasn't until I got home that my arm(elbow) started to swell and ache like crazy. The next day, we went to the hospital, had an x-ray and found a possible fracture. So they put my arm in a splint(For 2 weeks).



It's crazy hard to do everything with my left arm... brushing my teeth, eating, showering, TYPING... EVERYTHING. But, I'm grateful that I am still able to teach and service others. It's funny... my arm being in a sling seems to be helping with getting people interested in learning about us missionaries and our purpose as missionaries. :) Ahh blessings.

We've been doing a lot of reaching out this week... and I have to say, I love the results!

It's amazing how much God loves us.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland commented on how this question helps us understand the true nature of God and His unceasing efforts on behalf of His children:
“After digging and dunging, watering and weeding, trimming, pruning, transplanting, and grafting, the great Lord of the vineyard throws down his spade and his pruning shears and weeps, crying out to any who would listen, ‘What could I have done more for my vineyard?’

God has so much to offer us, yet is sad when we don't accept Him in our lives. So let Him in.
He has already given me countless blessings. It's an amazing feeling knowing that God is still raining blessings upon all of us. :)

My favorite lifetime goal is developing Christ-like attributes of charity and love. IT'S THE BEST. I'm so happy. :) Hehe


I love you all. Take care! Reach out to others, serve them, love them just as the Lord would.

- Elder Santeco

Love you Donovan and Tafua Family! Remember that families are together forever.
D&C78:17,18
"17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
 18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."
- Past week's swtich off.... With Windy and the Elders



- Sister ปลา likes to switch our shoes and helmets around. 


Life is beautiful. :) LOVE YOU ALL! Byeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment