Sunday, July 17, 2016

Transfer #3, Thailand Week 21: Korat

Transfer Number 3

These last couple days adjusting with a new companion was quite a challenge. I am no longer a greenie! and I am still in Korat! With Elder Gardner! He's 19 years old and is from Utah! He is tall. Really tall. He has been out for just over a year and has about 7 months or so left.


Several Pics with Elder Reid.


Elder Reid was the type of missionary that knew what needed to be done. He knew exactly when and where we had to be. Being his companion for 2 transfers, I generally understood his way of working with the members, finding people, and doing missionary work. Thanks to him, I learned how to be that kind of missionary. Since Elder Gardner is a new missionary here in Korat, he knows nothing about Korat or it's people. I had to step it up and take charge. 

This past week was very tiring. I am a wee bit sick, but it should blow over as long I continue to take care of myself. This is the first time I had a running nose since I became a missionary. It sucks.

These last couple days, I've been making constant comparisons between my two companions and it honestly doesn't do me any good. It puts me into a position to judge and it degrades my personal attitude and behavior towards them. I want to change. That's not how the Lord would look at others. This morning, I came to realize that I can't argue with others to make them become better obedient people, but rather I should encourage them in a loving way. :) 

This past week's miracle was realizing how the Lord has made it possible for me to become an instrument of the Lord. I am more brave in leading discussions, teaching lessons, making calls, communicating with others without the need to beg for my companion's assist to translate for me. I can speak, read, write, and understand Thai. It's truly is amazing to see how God is making this possible for me. I am going to consider Elder Gardner as a miracle too. He may have different behaviors/attitudes and different methods of doing missionary work, but we're all different! We're all unique and special. I know that he will help me grow and become a better person.

Favorite scripture of the week:
Probably the most overused scripture, but I love it. :)

2 Nephi 31:21

 "20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that life was meant to be good because he made all of this just for us. I know that as we focus on the Lord and His teachings, we will have happiness, peace and joy. And more importantly, we'll have eternal life and return to Him.

Love you guys! Keep going strong! and I'll do the same! :)

Mahalo Nui Loa
- Elder Santeco
ALOHA
These peeps are awesome peeps. Love them soo much!
Brother Oo is a ward clerk and Sister Tu is a librarian! LOL 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment