Sunday, July 10, 2016

Thailand Week 20: Korat

Aloha Family!
It is scary how fast time flies by. With 2 days left with Elder Reid, and my greenie days almost pau, I am nervous and anxious to see how next transfer will go. I'll probably be staying in Korat for another transfer, but I won't know until we get the "moves" call.

As usual, this week was filled with a lot of traveling. In fact, out of the 12 weeks that Elder Reid and I have been together, there has only been 3 weeks were we stayed in Korat. Other than that, we travel throughout Thailand. :)

Last week Thursday, ซ.Bird and บ.มิตร took us to ชัยภูมิ! We missionaries heard that ชัยภูมิ would be the next area to open up. So ซ.Bird and บ.มิตร being excited, wanted to give their families a head start in learning about the gospel. We taught their families about the Plan of Salvation and introduced the Book of Mormon to them. It was fun roaming around ชัยภูมิ, where no one has ever seen or heard of us missionaries. It gave me a glimpse of how the first missionaries' in Thailand must have felt. I am happy to see the members reaching out to their families in love. :)

Oh, one thing that I noticed was that ซ.Bird was constantly collecting information of her deceased family members for family history/temple work. It made me really interested in doing my own family history work too. After this email, I'll go ahead an create an account. :)

Ahh. I miss the temple. :) It is truly the House of the Lord.

This past Friday, Elder Reid and I headed to Bangkok to renew my visa. :) But when we returned to Korat, I got into a bike accident. I'm okay, but I did some damage to a brand new truck. For any car owner, I can imagine how he felt. Yeah, it wasn't even 10 yards from our house, where I was riding my bike along the side of the road... then for a moment, I saw a large pile of dog poop in my bike path. It then became the main focus on my mind. In a split second, I attempted to avoid it. That's when I rode my bike into a brand new truck driving the opposite direction. I created a pretty nasty scratch on the side of the truck. The driver stopped, we chatted, and called multiple people. 20 minutes later, we found out that his insurance will take care of the damage. They're such a nice family. :) I'll go ahead and visit them today with some food and snacks. :)

I remember feeling mad at that poop. But when I did my nightly prayer, I came to realize that maybe this was meant to happen. I felt the impression that I should use this opportunity to share the gospel with them, and be their friend. It is surprising to see that they live at the end of our road, but have never met with the missionaries before. I'm now more than excited to share the gospel with them. :)

In the end, I still ran over the dog poop. 

Thought of the day, 
As a missionary... It's very important to teach the doctrines of Christ. But how can I teach it if I don't understand it myself? Today, I finally made a connection between the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel, and Commandments. :)

The Restoration: Because God loves us he gives us His teachings through the scriptures and prophets.

The Gospel: What are His teachings? Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end.

The Commandments: Continuation and details of His teachings.

All of these focuses on the Plan of Salvation! We have His teachings to help us return to our Father once again. We have His teachings so that we have eternal life. So that we can be with families together forever. His teachings are for us. It is for you! :)

3 Nephi 11:11 -
"And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning. "

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the Savior of the world. He has made the Plan of Salvation possible for all mankind, including you! I know that God loves you. I know that God sincerely wants the best for you. He wants you to have eternal happiness. And you can receive that happiness through His teachings. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all! Thanks for everything!... and the journey continues! :)

- Elder Santeco

- Last week's P-Day at Swenson's! Delicious!!!



- This is sister กุ้ก. A gal that brother จิ๋ว and I invited at the mall. She's awesome! :)
Brother Micheal was able to find work and will be returning back to the Philippines to be with his family. :)

So I bought a soldering Iron and solder from a hardware store. Attempted to fix my hearing aid. Couldn't do it. It's too tiny. Hahaha. I don't have the proper tools. So yeah., I've been using a paper shim to hold together, and so far it has been going strong. I'll probably solder it when I return home. LOL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment