Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thailand Week 22: Korat



Thanks to everyone... Mommy, Elder Reid, the Members, Investigators, Elder Gardner, and God! I can kind of read Thai. :)
Yayayayayayayay! My very first baptism. :) 
His name is Brother Bank(แบงค์) and he is boss! His story is actually really interesting. Prior to learning with the missionaries, he attended many different Christianity churches. The church he attended prior to coming to our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) was the Hope Church which was on the very same road as us. Haha. He explained that he felt that wasn't the Lord church because they were playing drums and doing all sorts of chants. Overall, he believed that he has found God in his life, but has not found God's church. So he took a chance with us! Thanks to Sister Mod(มด), she introduced him to us missionaries. :) The whole time that we taught him ( with Elder Reid and Elder Gardner) we were always amazed at how well he understood the scriptures. He's great. I am so happy to see him get baptized. He'll be receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost next week as well as the Aaronic Priesthood. :) He also was able to attend one of our fireside focusing on missionary work and has taken an interest to become a missionary too! :) I am super excited for him!

I'm really excited for this transfer! The missionaries' vision for this transfer is unity, one family. And one of our zone goals is to baptize one family. I love families!! :) Elder Gardner and I will do our very best to baptize at least one family this transfer. We will also be praying for all the other missionaries for the opportunity to do the same. :)

I am so happy to see that you guys were able to treat the Reid family back at home! I hope you all had a blast! :) I am sure you guys did.




Favorite Scripture of the Week:
Alma 32:28-30,41-42

"41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst. "

I miss singing the "Plant a Seed" song from primary. I remember see Sister Graham cry and express her love to us as we sang the song in the sacrament program.
I know that as we plant a seed in our hearts and nourish it by reading the scriptures often, we will able to continually grow our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. When ready, we will be able to partake of the precious fruit... which is the Love of God. I have felt His love, and I want others to feel His love as well. It one of the most amazing feelings ever. :)

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is the Word of God. I know my purpose. I know that I am called here to do the Lord's work and bring salvation to the people of Thailand.

The Lord has blessed me so much. I love you guys. Please search for the different blessings in your life, then become a blessing to someone else. Thank you for everything!

Much love,

Elder Santeco
- Yay! Biking!

HELLLOOOOOOO!
We went to some famous farm. They have cows from Texas. The prices were insaneeeeeee. But a friend of Elder Gardner took us there and treated us. :)



The name of the brand is funny. Hahhahaha.






- WHOOOHOO! I love my nasal voice. It doesn't help being sick. LOL

- HELLLLLOOOOOOO MOMMYY!!
-Elder Gardner the Cow Master.
-We like elephants
-Elder G eventually knocked out during the ride back home.
-Had a delicious burger that night too. (Last P-day)




-This is Sister ปานจริย์. She drew me and my buddy.



-It has been raining pretty daily. Floods like these happens often. But it eventually drains. :)

- I'm a คนไทย now! Haha. These inhaler thingy are pretty cool.

- These kids apparently aren't scared of the rain. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment