Monday, November 20, 2017

Thailand Week 91: Khon Kaen (ขอนแก่น)


Working and Sweating

It's a great time to be in Thailand and to serve the people here.

I love talking with the people in Thailand. As I get to talk with them, my personal testimony that I know that everyone is a child of God grows. There are still several times that I am not able to actually hear what others are saying, because I'm usually outside, sweating. But it's amazing as we talk to others and are able to notice the small impressions from the Holy Ghost that helps us discern on how we can help them. 

This past week, I had a switch off with Elder Tuttle from Udon. He's an amazing missionary. During planned and unplanned lessons, he would do really well at opening up his scriptures. I don't really have a marked scripture in Thai. That's not smart. During the lessons, I would feel impressed to share a scripture, but I would have to take several seconds to find it. Since the switch off, I have opened a new Book of Mormon and started marking it. It's fun. It's pretty late during the mission, but it's better to start now than never.

I have realized how amazing it is to efficiently utilize the Book of Mormon during lessons. There is heavenly power within the Book of Mormon as we read and ponder upon it. I also started the 90 day challenge for the Book of Mormon along with several other members. It's so exciting!

Brother Poo is doing great. While using the Book of Mormon, he has really opened up. He's been reading (Read up to 2 Nephi 10ish), came to church, was able to see a beautiful baptismal service, and wants to feel this "peace" that he has all the time. We shared a scripture and helped him understand that he can have just that and more. During third hour, we talked about helping recent converts and less actives... Brother Poo asked me, what is a recent convert? I explained that it is those that are new members of the church. He then asked, "Oh! Like me?", I laughed and said, "Just not yet"... and explained afterwards. The Lord is amazing. Brother Poo is realizing the Lord's hand in his life.

The work is amazing. The Khon Kaen members seems to be closer than ever. A lot of them are really opening up and reaching out to help out to our investigators not because we asked them to, but because they love God and they love his children. It's so good to be here in Thailand.

There is so many reasons to rejoice! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He is the way to eternal happiness. I know that His church has been established once again on this earth. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all!

- Elder Santeco

P.S. There's actually a lot that happened this past week, but I don't have time to write about it. Hahah. Love you.

Thanks Sister บ๊อบ for last week's เทียวing.

Sister ออย got baptized! It was another great day in Thailand!

Love you! BYE


No comments:

Post a Comment