Sunday, October 1, 2017

Thailand Week 84: Udon

I'm on FIRE!

I got sunburnt. Elder Lovelock got roasted pretty bad himself. Haha. This past Saturday, our branch had a sports day! It was so much fun! We were able to play 3 main sports: chairball, volleyball, and soccer. My team, สีน้ำเงิน lost at all three games. We were pretty close though. At the beginning of the games, each team would elect one of their players and put them up in a bet. At end of each game, the loser would get powdered with baby powder. I was one of them. I have no pictures of the day... but I'll try get some from the members sometime today.

Sister Buoy is doing great. We are waiting on her husband to come home so that they could finish up some paperwork. Afterward, she and her daughters will be able to baptize! The husband is really cool. He works in Laos. But whenever he can, he'll come down to Udon and visit his family, even if it's just for an hour. I can tell that he really loves his family, and I have faith that when the time comes, he'll be able to baptize and become a faithful priesthood holder in his household.

Sister Ganjana, Sister Ming's mom got interviewed this past weekend and passed! She'll be baptized this upcoming Saturday, during the general conference breaks. :) She changed so much! I remembered the first time that I met her. She was sometimes unsure to act on our commitment, but as she did so, she soon came to realize the blessings that God has been offering to her. We've realized that her progression has been great due of her faithfulness to read and pray every day. She has started to diligently read the Book of Mormon approximately 2 weeks ago and has already reached The Words of Mormon this past Friday. She managed to fit in 20 minutes of reading the Book of Mormon a day, and loved it. It was such a blessing to see how her understanding grown of who God is and what it means to her to actually be a daughter of God. After she realized this, she willingly accepted to keep all the commandments. Miracle. It's been amazing to work with Sister Ming, a recent convert, in helping her mom enter the waters of baptism. She has been an amazing example to her mom. :)

I went to Bangkok this past week. I was able to do a switch off with Elder Hunt again. It was fantastic. Funny story: I had a bad stomach that day (I don't know what caused it), so I went to the bathroom pretty often. But each time that I did, we stepped outside the church and successfully get a new investigator. I went to the bathroom 6 times. We got 6 new investigators. Haha. It was a great experience to learn from other missionaries. :)

I am excited for this upcoming week. We'll be going back to Bangkok for MLC. But we'll be having a wonderful Saturday/Sunday watching General Conference. And we'll be singing at Sister Ganjana's baptism! Whoohoo! Life is good.

Last P-day, I went to Nong Khai and did a little shopping at the market over there. I bought a portable fishing pole. Why? It was 150 baht = a little less than 5 dollars. I'll be using it when I come home. Haha. Today, we will be going to Phu Tog (ภูทอก). I'm scared of heights. Wish me luck. :)

I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that the Book of Mormon is essential everyone's personal conversion. As we study, ponder, and ask of God if it's true, our testimony will grow and we will be able to stand in our holy places. I know that God loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

LOVE YOU ALL!

Last P-day's adventures. Oh! And we rented a สองแถว to get everywhere. It was fun.






 



I spy with my eyes... a dog riding a motorcycle. Haha


It's always good to have an escape door. :D


Love you all! BYEEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment