Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thailand Week 37: Lopburi

ALOHAAA!!!
Sorry. I still do not know the story behind the many monkey in Lopburi.🤔 I'll google it when I come home.

Whoo! We had another fannnntastic week! Elder Xaiyavong is seriously awesome. The more I work with him, the more he reminds me of myself! Hahah. Imagine that! Two of me... working side by side to share the gospel! I have never had this much fun in doing the missionary work! It's just great. We have one last FULL week before me may split up... 😯 So... we'll definitely have another amazing week FULL of adventures!!

Coming into Lopburi with practically nothing was a bummer. But now we have such a great pool of people to work with. It's seriously amazing. Through our efforts, we were able to find investigators, less-actives, and recent members who are now steadily coming to church. We have members sharing the gospel with their friends and neighbors. AND we are always serving! I LOVE SERVICE PROJECTS!!!!!!!

Remember that family that I mentioned last week? They came to church yesterday! And one of their children came as well! It was great to see the members greet them and fellowship them. They seemed to love the lovely testimony meeting! They only stayed for the first hour, but they said that they'll stay for all 4 hours (1 hour for lunch! Haha) for sure.😊 Later on in the evening, Elder Xai and I had the chance to visit their food cart, the parents weren't present so we talked with the children. They are so open and chill with us. They talk about anything and everything! Haha. We eventually gave them a Book of Mormon and in return one of the children told us, "At first, my dad didn't believe in God. But now, he believes in Him."... "ตอนแรกเขาไม่เชื่อ แต่ตอนนี้เขาเชื่อ" Whoooo!!! 

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES, WHEN YOU BELIEVE!!! I can't wait to watch "The Prince of Egypt" another billion times. 😬

Brother Wii has been great. This is Brother Wii! :D He's progressing and that just makes everyday a better day!!!! We have been meeting him on daily basis, doing short reviews and lessons. It's been very effective. He'll be baptized in his own time. 😂 I love him. He's great.

I wanted to add some "Whoo!"ness to our Fridays... Because back at home... Aloha Fridays was the only day that I always look forward to. Soooo... Elder Xai and I started to share the "Be happy today!! Because today is Friday!" message. Or in Thai "ขอให้ท่านมีความสุขวันนี้เพราะว่าวันนี้เป็นวันศุกร์ครับ"... And amazingly it works out because the word for happiness and Friday are both pronounced the same..(I hope. Haha) 😋

I love the work. I love Thailand and it's culture. I love the people. I love the gospel. I love my companion. I LOVE LIFE! It's so beautiful. 🤗

I know that I have been called to do the Lord's work to building the kingdom of God. I know that we can obtain the greatest of happiness as we learn, apply, and grow according the teachings of the Jesus Christ. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I know that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS!!!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!

- Elder Santecoooo🌮

CHRISTMAS IS COMING UP!!!! 😵 Whoohoo!🎅

These buffets aren't the cleanest or nicest. But I promise! I cooked the food thoroughly...It should be fine. HAHA



I don't know if I sent this yet. But... my first week here in Lopburi... I got my hands on some Krispy Cremes. 😬 (Thanks Brother Erk!)


- I didn't have a tie.

- Painting the cart for sister เอ๋.



We took pictures before we chopped down some bamboos for a member. :)



I got my hands on some Nikon Camera. 




😵

Hiding my double chin.
🤐 Hahahah.
Elder Xai told me to strike a pose... I tried.


Beautiful Sunset!!!



I found some Tapioca Starch! Hahah 17 baht! Whoo!

I don't think I got the color-dye thing down yet. Haha... I accidentally had a pen in the washer and it stained a couple of shirts. This was the worst of them. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'll bring it home. HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment