Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thailand Week 38: Lopburi

Baptism

This is Sister Bay (เบ). She was an investigator that Elder Hixson and I picked up last transfer. Her number was always on the phone, but she just never had free time to meet with us. Until Elder Hixson and I decided that we were going to do all that we could to make miracles happen, that including teaching her at her place and late at night. We saw her desire, invited her to act upon it and last week Sunday(6/11/16) she got baptized!!! I am sooooo happy! :) 

Funny story... We were at her place when we got transfer calls 2 days before "moves" day and found out that I was moving to Lopburi. First thing she said was... "Whaaa? Elder San is leaving?!" Haha. I love her. She was a wee bit sad that I was moving so I told her that I would visit her the following day before I move.
BUT bleh I didn't get the chance to visit her. 😯 Anyways, when Elder Hixson and his companion Elder Tun continued to visit her... Elder Hixson told me that she asked them, "Where is Elder San?" 😖 I felt horrible that I didn't visit her that night. Hahah. But I will definately visit her one day and catch up. 😄 Ohh. I love her. She's great. :)

As for in Lopburi. We are working with many investigators! It's stressful! But honestly it's amazing! 

So when I forgot my PMG in Korat(my first area) and was PMG-less in Thonburi, I just had to buy a new PMG for when I moved into Lopburi. While I got the chance to re-mark and study, 
there is one quote that stuck out to me and helped me remember my purpose here as a missionary...

Elder Dallin H. Oaks said: “We do not preach and teach in order to ‘bring people into the Church’ or to increase the membership of the Church. We do not preach and teach just to persuade people to live better lives. … We invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God. No one else can do this”

I know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. He knows each one of us and know what is best for you! As we turn our hearts to Him and trust in Him, we are able to understand that God's love for you. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, as it is evidence of God's love for the us. I know that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. I know that I doing a mighty work, by helping others return to the presence of our dear Father in Heaven. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you guys! But more importantly, HE LOVES YOU! 

- Elder Sun🙆Taco🌮

I actually didn't take many pictures this past week. :(

But here's Burger King. Got a WHOPPER. Yumz. :)

Andddd. There was a 50th anniversary of the Church in Thailand that consisted of spiritual thoughts and music. Didn't take any pictures, but it was really cool. There were lots and lots of people. 

I was tired. Hahaha.

Stole these pictures from Elder Xiayavong. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment