Sunday, January 28, 2018

Thailand Week 101: Khon Kaen (ขอนแก่น)

The Book of Mormon is true!

A lot happened this past 4 days. (I've realized that I say this all the time)

I love the Book of Mormon. In Alma 31, I came got an assurance of God's love for us again. Alma showed this as he turned to the Lord's will. Alma asked, "O Lord God, how long with thou suffer that such wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people?" Alma recognized the great wickedness among the people. He was feeling "exceedingly sorrowful;" and then asked of God, "O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us (missionaries) that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ." All this because "their souls are precious". God abhors sin, but never did he hate us... because we are indeed precious souls, sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father. He knows of our potential to become perfect as He is. And this is all possible through the Infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I also love this story given by President Gordon B Hinkley, demonstrating the Power of the Book of Mormon...
"Let me tell you [another] story about the Book of Mormon. I heard a man who was a banker in California tell this story. He said his secretary smoked, constantly smoked. She was addicted to smoking. She could not set it aside. She said to him one day, “How can I stop smoking?”

He reached down in his desk and took out a copy of the Book of Mormon and handed it to her. He said, “Now, you read this.”

She said, “All right, I’ll read it.”

She came back a couple of days later and said, “I’ve read 200 pages, and I didn’t see the word smoking anywhere. I didn’t see the word tobacco anywhere. I saw nothing that referred to it.”

He said, “Keep reading.”

So she came back another couple of days later and said, “I’ve read 200 more pages—no mention of smoking, no mention of nicotine, no mention of anything associated with tobacco.”

He said, “Keep reading.”

She came back three or four days later. She said, “I’ve read the entire book. I didn’t see tobacco anywhere; I didn’t see smoking anywhere. But,” she said, “there has come into my heart as a result of reading that book some influence, some power, that has taken from me the desire to smoke, and it is wonderful.”

I love the Book of Mormon. Every time I pick this book up and read, I feel the spirit more in my life. Giving me the light to keep moving forward in life with joy.

I love the Book of Mormon. I've gained the assurance that regardless of what questions we may have, whether it's about work, school, life, etc. We can always receive an answer through the Book of Mormon.

I love the Book of Mormon. It is the Word of God and it's all true.

Yesterday, I've finished the book of Alma in the Thai Book of Mormon. Loving it.

The missionary work is doing great. The greatest miracle this past week was seeing a mother of a baby son, sharing her desire for her son to become a missionary like us. She has been saying it almost every week, but it wasn't until yesterday that I asked her, "But before then, will you set an example to him?" She simply said, "Yes." We are really excited to see her follow Jesus Christ's example and enter the temple with her family soon. Families can be together forever. 💕

I love you all!

- Elder Santeco (☀🌮)

I've eaten a lot of macaroni this past week. Yum.

This is IQ and his dad, Brother ออฟ. IQ is the best ice cream eater I've ever known... and is a future missionary! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment