Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Transfer #13/Thailand Week 80: Udon

No Pictures Today...

I forgot my camera. Blehhhh


Good news though! I am staying in Udon with Elder Lovelock. When we received the call last night, we both literally jumped for joy. We did so much together here in Udon, and we don't want to leave just yet.

This past week, we had 3 switch offs. It was with the Khon Kaen Elders, Laos Elders and Udon DL Elders. I learned a lot from Elder Blad. I'm really glad to see that regardless of the fact that he is going home in a couple of days, he's still working hard. Cheers to his investigator's baptism this past weekend. :) It was a blast working with Elder Cheney. Him being in Laos for a good period of time really had him missing the ability to invite. So we dedicated a period of time to do just that. It was a great. I was also able to serve with Elder Wilcox. He's a stud. Loves to preach repentance and baptize converts.

Brother Ohm (ออม) is doing great. He's working towards baptism for next week's Sunday. We are pushing through commandments as of right now. He's a smart kid, so he's taking special classes on the weekends... he's a bit scared not being able to go to church every Sunday. But, he's working to make it happen. He's been sharing with his friends at school that he has been learning with the missionaries... Haha. Whenever we call him or he calls us, he would say... "Hey Elder! You are going to teach me about Jesus Christ right? I'm free at 5." Haha. He's an awesome kid.

Sister Buoy (ปุ้ย) is also doing amazing. Last week, she was able to attend English Class, a baptismal program, and church. It was really heart-warming when she gave us a call later that Sunday night and told us that she and her daughter loved church and will be going again next week. There were many miracles in the process of her conversion. One was during last night. She wasn't able to come to English Class yesterday, so after class, she called us last night and requested us to stop by her house. It was pretty late, but we decided to do so anyways. When we got there, we sat down and began talking. Slowly she started mentioning that she has been going through some hard times. She eventually came to the question, "How can I be happy?" Elder Lovelock and I started reading the scriptures with her. "Endure... Bear with your afflictions. Have Hope" We shared several scriptures with her. Each time we did... she started to understand. At the end of the lesson, she asked us to give her a chapter to read... because she felt good inside. We happily did so. Elder Lovelock and I were amazed at how she was able to easily understand the scriptures we read together. We came to a conclusion that it was because she ultimately desired understanding. She wanted to know the answer... to her question of the soul, "How can I be happy?" The Holy Ghost is ever so amazing. I think Sister Buoy has started to recognize that as well.

Sister Why (หวาย) also came to church this past week. She's doing great. She's being fellow shipped by the ward rather well. We are going to move into commandments soon. :)

Brother SomYos (สมยศ) is a great! We found him 1.5 weeks ago. He's been keeping commitments. He wants salvation. He wants happiness. He believes in God and only wants to do what is right. Yesterday we were able to teach him the Gospel and introduce the Word of Wisdom. He used to drink alcohol and smoke. But it wasn't until his health got pretty bad that he gave it up. So that was a relief. He doesn't have any issues with tea, but does drink coffee on a daily basis to help him with his digestive system. We decided to focus on the blessings of keeping the commandments... Eventually Brother SomYos said to us... "You know what...I can quit. I can drink milk instead." He's amazing.

A lot is happening. I learned a lot this past week. I learned the difference between faith and hope. I initially thought I lacked faith... but found out that I actually lacked hope. The process to become better is such an adventure. But it's for our own good.

I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that everyone will be able to hear of the gospel in their lives, the great news, that we have have a Savior and Redeemer; Jesus Christ. He is God's Beloved Son that came down to this earth to save us from death and our sins. I know that God, our Father in Heaven will forgive us as we do all we can to repent and change ourselves by following His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that this is the true church of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I know that God loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

LOVE YOU!

- Elder Santeco

Sorry again. No pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment