Sunday, October 23, 2016

Thailand Week 35: Lopburi

Oh cool story! The other elder companionship found out that their investigator's dad is a member(And nobody knew) and hesitated into coming back to church since he can't HEAR to make friends and connections... But he SIGNS! As soon as the other companions told him that I sign, he was SOOOO EXCITED to meet with me. This week, our companion are going to meet with him and I'm going to be trying to communicate with him by ASL! :) Even though ASL is not Thai-based and are not the same... I am EXCITED!!!! :)

Whoohooo!!!

ALOHA!!!!

First off...I can't believe I going to say this, but I really do love reading! I was never so interested into reading but there's something more to it compared to watching television and movies. But of course, family movie nights is mandatory and I wouldn't want to ever miss that. Haha. I have been reading from different church sources and am currently reading Our Search for Happiness. It is awesome! I would like to share several passages. 

"Happiness is the Greatest of All Riches... When I returned home a couple of days later my wife, Barbara, met me at the airport, and we returned to our comfortable home in Salt Lake City. When she asked me how I had enjoyed my sampling of life in the fastest of all financial fast lanes, I could only sign and respond, "Honey, we may not have much money or the other things that some people think are so important. But I have a feeling that of the four men on that plane, I was the happiest and, in a way, the richest. I have blessings that money simply cannot buy. I have the satisfaction knowing that the things that are most important to me - you, our family, and my love of God - can endure forever. "
I totally agree. There's nothing greater than having happiness in life. Of course there are always trials and afflictions that are challenging our ability to remain happy and peaceful. But thankfully, though the gospel and my teacher's, friend's and families' example, I know that I can always be happy. 🤗

"... when considered from the unique perspective of eternity, fame and popularity aren't nearly as important as loving and being loved; status doesn't mean much when compared to service; and acquiring spiritual knowledge in infinitely more meaningful than acquiring an excess of wealth."
I cannot thank the North Shore community, the Kahuku First Ward, my teachers, my friends, my family enough for the example they have been to me. Thank you for helping me understand the eternal perspective of my life and realizing what are my priorities in life. I was never a popular guy, nor a wealthy guy. But I was able to make connections with others and reach out to those in need... Thanks dad for dragging me out of bed those early mornings just so that I would be able to serve others with you. You've not only touched the hearts of those that we served, but you've touched mine. 😂


Okay. I should stop before I begin bawling my eyes out. 

I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He is our Redeemer. He loves us and wants the best for us. I know that the Church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

- Elder SanTACO

I gave him this shirt. HAHA. He loves it. 😬
























- Went to Siam Park last week.




- Did some service. Elder Xai is great at cutting wood. 🤗
- Beautiful Sunset




- I like milk.🐄















- Huge fishing net. Me likey.
- RC Brother Somphon and his brother, (inventigator) Brother Ntxhee
























- It was hot. So we biked with our umbrellas. :)



GOT TO GO! LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment